In 2010, the SPAC was accepted into the mainstream academic calendar by the University of Ghana. The aim of SPAC gravitates towards encouraging participation in sports and physical education activities at Hall, University, National and International Levels. Thus, all student athletes who sacrifice their time to represent their Hall and the University in the following major competitions are awarded grades that add up to their Final Grade Points:
- Fédération Internationale du Sports Universitaire (FISU) Games
- Federation of African University Sports (FASU) Games
- West African University Games (WAUG)
- Bilateral Games with other Universities
- Ghana Universities Sports Association Games (GUSA) and National Leagues/Championships
SPAC courses are made up of Theory and Practical subjects. SPAC registration is done during the first semester of every academic year.
For more enquiries, contact the Research and Academic Unit of the Sports Directorate or personally come to the Sports Directorate.
The SPAC courses for the 2017/18 Academic year are as follows:
|SPAC 210||Basic Anatomy|
|SPAC 220||Sociology of Sports|
|SPAC 260||Elements of Sport Fitness|
|SPAC 350||Sports Nutrition|
|SPAC 320||Sports Psychology|
|SPAC 370||Sports Management|
|SPAC 293||Table Tennis|