The International Development Through Excellent and Leadership in Sports (IDEALS) aims to establish a high quality, progressive and co-ordinated sports leadership development exchange programme between the United Kingdom and partner countries. The core objective of the IDEAL Programme is for the Edge Hill University to work in partnership with the Sports Directorate of the University of Ghana to support the delivery of BILD programme in Ghana as well as enhancing global awareness of the different ways of delivering sports and Physical education Lessons.
The IDEALS program runs from June to July of every year and its activities entail the following:
- Training and capacity building
- Attachment with PE Teachers/BILD trained teachers of Ghana Education Service
- Attending workshops organised by both BILD Ghana and Edge Hill University whiles in Ghana
- Collaboration with sports-for-development organisations in Ghana and institutions like British Council and the National Sports College, Winneba.
- Visiting tourist sights
- Travelling and working within BILD demarcated regions.